If you [cook] what you always [cooked] you’ll [eat] what you always [ate].
Here is the original quote in case you wondered:
“If you do what you always did, you’ll get what you always got.” Jessie Potter (although the author is uncertain)
I love this quote because it is reminder that if you don’t like something about your life you have to do something about it: you need to change the way you do things.
- You don’t like your job? Search for another one or start working on a side-project.
- You want more money? Search for a better job/a second job or invest the money that is sleeping in your bank account and is only profitable to your bank.
- You’re not happy in your relationship? Either fix it or leave it.
- You have children and you need some time for yourself? Take it. Leave the children to your partner or family and do what you need to do. If you feel guilty about going away for fun or don’t have the money for it, find an interesting event to attend (possibly the whole week end). I just went myself to a business event and though I didn’t get much rest (9am to 8pm plus 1h travelling) I finally had time to focus on myself and on my project.
On a lighter level, the same apply to cooking. You don’t enjoy home cooked food? Either learn how to cook or find a way to make it more fun by making easy and original recipes (that’s why I created Food and Quote!)
Why do you need to push yourself to cook if you don’t like it? Well, ask yourself if…
- You need to eat EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of your life. (If your answer is no you might be the first alien who read my blog so please let me know.)
- You care a little bit about your body and you want to know what is exactly in your plate.
- You might want at some point in your life impress yourself and people around you.
- You want to save money rather than buy takeaway food.
- You know that you could lose those extra kilos by eating home cooked food.
If your answer to most of these questions is YES, then you are on the right path. Start with a few very easy recipes like those ones:
And let me know if you didn’t enjoy the whole process… from preparing to eating!
*Every food quote and picture on this website is mine.