This is a 3 ingredient recipe base [oatmeal, milk, cheese] that you can liven up in so many ways.
Positive: Perfect for a last minute snack or gluten-free appetiser.
Negative: I like them only warm, but it’s my opinion.
- 100 g oatmeal
- 20 cl milk
- 50 g grated cheddar (or try another cheese)
- optional: herbs – dried fruits
Preheat oven at 180°C.
In a large bowl or a deep plate, add oatmeal and pour milk. Leave to stand for about 15 minutes so oats are completely soaked in milk.
Add grated cheese and any toppings that you have in your kitchen. Here are some ideas:
- dried fruits work very well: raisins (see photo), apricots (tried: very good) or prune
- fresh or dried herbs: basil (see photo), oregano, rosemary
- chorizo, bacon, ham
- you could add different cheeses on top: blue cheese, goat cheese
- sun-dried tomatoes, olives
I don’t usually add salt because the cheese I use is already quite salty.
Stir well and pour mixture in muffin tins. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until slightly golden.
*I used a mini muffin tray but if you have only normal-size muffin tray remember to fill only 1/3.
*My muffin tray is in silicon so I don’t need to grease it, if it’s not your case you should either use muffin cases or oil your tray.
My advice: They are best served warm. Could be use as bread, topped with more cheeses or ham.